Le deal à ne pas rater :
Bon plan achat en duo : 2ème robot cuiseur Moulinex Companion ...
600 €
Voir le deal

Retour au forum

(TAERI) a friendly chat

Invité
Anonymous

TW

A friendly chat

Speak your truth, it's all I wish to know
april 2033, afternoon
@Jeon Taeri

He knocks three times. He tucks back his right hand in his jacket’s pocket, the cold ready to bite off his fingers. He forgot his gloves at home this morning, and he did not have time to stop by and get them today. Technically, Hikari could have gone by his house before stopping here, as it wasn’t far from the Jeon’s house he was currently waiting in front of. But Hikari was on a schedule – he always was – and his mission mattered more than cold fingers. The door opens, and Hikari offers a friendly smile to the woman standing there. Taeri, hi. Can I come in? Hikari knows she can only agree. First, they are on good terms – he might even dare say they are close to being friends. Second, no one would dare refuse entrance to someone with a job such as his. So, Hikari steps in when allowed to, remembering to remove his shoes before getting further into the house. Hikari greatly respected Taeri for being able to uphold this tradition in her home – his own mother had quickly given up on the whole thing.

How’s your day going? he asks, the friendly smile still on his face. His gaze sweeps around the room, everything familiar and yet unknown. He used to come here often, when he was younger, mostly because he was attached to Solveig’s hip. Now, even if he sees Taeri’s son much more than he used to during this period of time, he rarely comes to their house. It’s quite cold these days, isn’t it? He rubs his hands together as he speaks, grateful for the new warmth. The sky has been white for days, I wonder if it’s going to snow. Hikari is always an agreeable man, and even if he is not here to talk about the weather – and Taeri probably knows that – he never forgets to have a friendly chat. Would you happen to have some tea? I’ve been running around all day and would really appreciate it. There is a touch of hope in his voice, for he would truly enjoy a warm beverage. His gaze however is calm, steady – and even if friendly, it is clear he is not leaving for a while. Minjun’s lucky, all cooked up in the surveillance office.

icons by vocivus
Invité
Anonymous

TW

A friendly chat

april 2033, afternoon, outfit inspo
@hikari campbell

The knocks at her door take her by surprise. She stands there, her hand hovering over her jacket as she was getting to leave for some fresh air. She is not expecting anyone and so, for a few seconds, she stares at her front door, confused. As the door finally opens, revealing Hikari’s silhouette, it does nothing to help her confusion. Taeri, hi. For a split second she wonders if something happened to Minjun, but the peacekeeper’s calm demeanour moves her away from such worries. Can I come in? She could have tried to play it off, but the shoes at her feet speak for her – she was on her way out. There is a thought for the raids around the district, and she wonders whether her time as come. Hikari would not be the one carrying those out. I’m sure I can find some time for you, she offers with a smile, moving herself aside. Come on in.

Her shoes are taken off and her steps are quiet as she leads him to the living room he knows very well. In any other situation, she would never have thought twice about the reason for Hikari’s visits. He has been here enough with his for it to not be particularly strange, and with what she now knows of his relationship with Minjun, it could be less surprising. But Minjun is not here. But Solveig is not here. But he wears his uniform. How’s your day going? Fine, she answers politely. Enjoying the time off. It’s quite cold these days, isn’t it? To this, she does not reply. The conversation feels too light to be genuine, too shallow to be of any importance. The sky has been white for days, I wonder if it’s going to snow. She is generous with him, looks outside as if to confirm what he speaks of. Would you happen to have some tea? Her gaze back on him, she is almost taken aback. I’ve been running around all day and would really appreciate it. It must be hard to be quite so busy. The sarcasm is almost palpable. Still, Taeri is a gracious host and so she moves towards the kitchen. Minjun’s lucky, all cooked up in the surveillance office. She would have found the mention sweet under different circumstances. He’s seen enough to deserve some warmth in the winter, she says from the other room.

As she returns, she leaves behind the gentle sound of water being heated upon the hob. Standing by the doorway, she offers a smile. I do appreciate the visit, Hikari. And I am sure you will enjoy the tea. She somehow always finds the nicest leaves, those not many are able to obtain. She never shares how. Though something tells me you did not come here on such a busy day for a cup of tea and a chat about the weather. She cannot quite remember the last time they have been truly alone, wonders if they ever did. The water’s boiling. Why don’t you tell me what brings you here?

icons by vocivus
Invité
Anonymous

TW

A friendly chat

april 2033, afternoon
@Jeon Taeri

It’s all nice and polite, of course. The times that Hikari isn’t, it’s all for good reasons, and there is absolutely no good reason to treat Taeri differently than he usually does. He asks about her, and wonders about the weather. What he likes about her is that she humors him, even though he is not stupid enough to believe she does it out of kindness of heart. He knows he is interrupting whatever she was planning to do outside, and thus he is not the most welcome visit. Maybe Hikari is never a welcome visit, except for his family and Minjun. It pains him a little, to think this way, but he would not trade his place for anything in the world.

It must be hard to be quite so busy. He lets the sarcasm fly right over his head, not willing to get into that. It’s part of the job description, he answers simply, not a hint of regrets in his words. True, he is more busy these days than before, and it is not for good reasons. Hikari hopes that one day, he will lose his job because it won’t be needed anymore. He knows it’s not any time soon. He’s seen enough to deserve some warmth in the winter. Oh, definitely. There is no doubt about that. Hikari is himself quite happy to know his best friend isn’t patrolling outside anymore. The only problem is that now, the inside has become dangerous too. He fears everyday to hear about new lost Peacekeepers, and he fears even more to hear his name.

He’s looking at some trinkets when Taeri comes back, and he offers her his full attention immediately. I do appreciate the visit, Hikari. And I am sure you will enjoy the tea. He smiles politely. Thank you for welcoming me. He knows what’s coming, because he knows Taeri isn’t one to play around or to wait for the ax to fall. Though something tells me you did not come here on such a busy day for a cup of tea and a chat about the weather. He gives her a sheepish smile. The wolf always feels better covered in wool. The water’s boiling. Why don’t you tell me what brings you here? He slips his hands in his pockets. I really would love to have time to come here only for a friendly chat. It’s sincere. He likes Taeri, and he’s known her for quite the time now. But we’re doing our best to keep the situation from worsening, and it’s taking up everyone’s time and energy. Things are bad, it would be hard to deny it. Hikari isn’t willing to say how bad, though, how they struggle to find fireflies, to catch the ones responsible for the hangings. It eats at him from the inside. No one came to look around your house yet, right? The truth is, the Jeons aren’t very high on the list of houses to check. Between Minjun being a Peacekeeper and Taeri’s willingness to give out information, they aren’t a priority. But that’s the thing. I’ve heard it’s quite disconcerting, to have Peacekeepers snooping around, even if you have nothing to hide. Uncomfortable. His eyes move around the place a little, before settling back on Taeri. If we heard from you again, your home might be left at peace completely. Truth be told, Hikari isn’t quite certain of that, but it does not really matter.

icons by vocivus
Invité
Anonymous

TW

A friendly chat

april 2033, afternoon, outfit inspo, floorplan
@hikari campbell

Gentle conversations should flow with ease, for it is not the first time – nor the last – that Hikari comes to grace her with his presence. He is normally there with Solveig, close to Minjun, enjoying some of the food Taeri has prepared for them all. They talk and they laugh and they forget all about whatever awaits them outside, even if for just a moment. Today is different. Because today, Hikari has brought the outside in. It does not matter how much he tries to pretend, something about his gait is different, too foreign. His smiles and his kind words do not matter, rub Taeri the wrong way. She knows there is a game being played, always preferred to know the rules. She never pretends when it comes to the peacekeepers, never tries to hide an ulterior motive. In her mind, it is a sign of respect which she expects from those who come to her. One which Hikari is not giving her.

I really would love to have time to come here only for a friendly chat. She nods politely. I am hoping to have Solveig over for dinner some time soon. You are free to join. He always has been. But we’re doing our best to keep the situation from worsening, and it’s taking up everyone’s time and energy. There is something flashing in her eyes – anger. She knows he continues to play, to move around the reason of his presence in her home. For if he really was putting all of his time and energy into preventing the worst, why would he keep Minjun so late after curfew, only to have him return home by himself? Taeri recognises the situation she is in, the fact she needs to hold on whatever control she has, and so she does not anything. Frustration is buried deep inside her mind as she waits for him to carry on.

No one came to look around your house yet, right? The question sounds like a threat – her breathing sharpens. No, she answers calmly, I was told to expect it sometime next week. She too can play. She too can imply power with her words, remind the peacekeeper that her influence is not to be ignored. For all the hatred she had for Pildo, she cannot deny that his position, along with hers, allowed her to rise up further than most could. I’ve heard it’s quite disconcerting, to have Peacekeepers snooping around, even if you have nothing to hide. Whatever she had to hide has left her home as soon as the news of the searches made it to her. Earlier, she dressed up the hole in the floorboards under her bed. It is left open as if it was always meant to be, covered in filth and dust, holds a home-made mouse trap to allow her to move the conversation away from whatever it risks leading to. She is prepared. Uncomfortable. Her eyes are stern, focused on Hikari. The external crews respect her for they respected Pildo. But Pildo was himself with the internal peacekeepers, pushed a lot of them away. She knows her relationship with Javier will guarantee she is treated with some level of respect. Just like she knows the memory of the father of her child risks leading some to see how far they can push her. If we heard from you again, your home might be left at peace completely. She cannot help but let out a small chuckle. She goes to speak as the kettle whistles behind her. Excuse me. For a couple of minutes, she disappears in the kitchen.

Taeri returns with a small tray holding two cups and a tea pot Minjun made for her. Offering to take me off the search list is very generous of you, Hikari. The tea is not yet poured, for it is not quite ready. Instead, she sits on an armchair opposite the peacekeeper. If only you had enough power to make that happen. How gentle is her smile as she leans back, crossing one leg over the other. Taeri knows Hunter too well to not have been assured there will be no exceptions to the searches. Just like she knows enough about the world to know someone of Hikari’s rank would not be able to negotiate such an offering. I would have appreciated it even more if it hadn’t sounded like a threat. Her head tilts for a moment, eyes in eyes, a smile still shining on her lips. She stays silent for a moment, until – But you wouldn’t be threatening me, Hikari. Would you? Her dumb innocence echoes his as she leans in to pour the tea. Her cup is filled first as she ensures she is satisfied with the colour of the beverage before pouring his. She offers it to him politely, holding it with both hands. I only share what I know. And right now, I know nothing.

icons by vocivus
Contenu sponsorisé

(TAERI) a friendly chat